Beacon and CHIPA share similar visions – to improve the health and well-being of individuals coping with mental health and substance use conditions. We make this vision a reality through recovery-focused programs and effective partnerships with you, our network providers.
Our mission and values guide the way we treat our providers, members and each other. They are at the heart of all we do.
A better quality of life for patients starts with you, the providers at the core of their health care delivery. Our streamlined care and reporting solutions save you time and energy so you can put the focus back on your patients.
Click here to access clinical information, forms and to locate in-network providers.
Join Our Provider Network
All of Beacon’s and CHIPA’s providers are licensed in the state of California to provide behavioral health services, and include psychiatrists, psychologists, clinical social workers, marriage and family therapists, and registered nurse practitioners. If you are a licensed behavioral health professional and are interested in joining our provider network, please contact Provider Relations at 800-779-3825 Option 6, then Option 3.
Clinical Practice Guidelines
CHIPA’s clinical practice guidelines help ensure quality care for our members. We adopt clinical practice guidelines from national organizations and/or in cooperation with specialty organizations and collaborative groups. We review these clinical practice guidelines annually to include new information that reflects best practices. Click here to access the guidelines.
Health Plan Specific Guidelines and Resources
- Aetna Behavioral Health
- OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions
- Health Net – Managed Health Network
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Provider Manual
- CHIPA Level of Care Criteria 2016 – For plan specific Level of Care Criteria, contact CHIPA
- EDI Information
- All UM decision making are based only on appropriateness of care and services, existence of coverage, and member’s healthcare is not compromised at any time. CHIPA’s and or Health Plan’s Level of Care Criteria is used as a guideline.
- CHIPA does not reward practitioners or other individuals for issuing denials of coverage or services. Financial incentives based on the number of adverse determination or denials of payment made by any individual involved in UM decision making is prohibited.
- Financial incentives for UM decision makers do not encourage decisions that result in underutilization.
- Utilization Management staff is not financially rewarded nor receives incentives to influence the referral process and practitioners are ensured independence and impartiality in making referral decisions that will not influence: hiring, compensation, termination, promotion or any other similar matters.
OUR MISSION AND VALUES
Mission: We help people live their lives to the fullest potential
We speak honestly and act ethically. Our character guides our daily work. We gain the confidence of others by doing the right thing.
We believe in others and see their potential. With the right support, all individuals can achieve their goals.
We build great teams by leveraging individual strengths. We share, partner and collaborate with others in the name of mutual goals.
We embrace that our work is hard, and sometimes does not go as planned. We meet these challenges head on and constantly strive to better ourselves and our services.
We are learners, innovators and original thinkers. We use our experience, imagination and wisdom to deliver tangible, positive outcomes.
We start the conversations that matter. We advance the dialogue on important issues and affect change for the better. If not us, then who?