IT’S ALL ABOUT PEOPLE
Our mission is to help people live their lives to the fullest potential. Therefore, everything we do is focused on improving the health of people under our care. Putting people at the center, Carelon Behavioral Health’s system is built on a strong support structure of doctors, nurses, advocates, and mentors fulfilling members’ behavioral, physical, and social health needs.
To learn more about your benefits or to find a provider, click here.
- Authorization for CHIPA to Release Information
- Authorization for CHIPA to Release Information (SPANISH)
- Confidential Communication Request Form (Online)
- Confidential Communication Request Form (Printable)
- Continuity of Care
- Medical Necessity Criteria and Resources
- Member Rights to Request Confidential Communications
- Member Rights and Responsibilities
- Member Rights and Responsibilities (SPANISH)
A COMMUNITY OF SUPPORT
You live in your community, and so do we. By using community resources, we’re able to provide innovative, effective treatments that improve your quality of life along with your health.
- All UM and CM decision making are based only on appropriateness of care and services and existence of coverage. Level of Care Criteria are used as a guideline.
- There are no financial incentives to encourage adherence to utilization targets and discourage under-utilization. Financial incentives based on the number of adverse determination or denials of payment made by any individual involved in UM decision making are prohibited.
- CHIPA does not make decisions regarding hiring, compensation, termination, promotion, or other similar matters with respect to any individual based upon the likelihood that the individual will support the denial of benefits.
- The prohibition of financial incentives does not apply to financial incentives established between health plans and health plan providers.
- Utilization Management staff in no way rewards or incentivizes, either financially or otherwise, practitioners, utilization reviewers, clinical care managers, physician advisers, or other individuals involved in conducting utilization/case management review, for issuing denials of coverage or service, or inappropriately restricting or diverting care including staff that engage in contracting/network management activities that could potentially influence referrals to specific providers/services.
OUR MISSION AND VALUES
Mission: We help people live their lives to the fullest potential
We speak honestly and act ethically. Our character guides our daily work. We gain the confidence of others by doing the right thing.
We believe in others and see their potential. With the right support, all individuals can achieve their goals.
We build great teams by leveraging individual strengths. We share, partner and collaborate with others in the name of mutual goals.
We embrace that our work is hard, and sometimes does not go as planned. We meet these challenges head on and constantly strive to better ourselves and our services.
We are learners, innovators and original thinkers. We use our experience, imagination and wisdom to deliver tangible, positive outcomes.
We start the conversations that matter. We advance the dialogue on important issues and affect change for the better. If not us, then who?